It’s the summertime, time to suit up, grab a gin fizz and get your read on…..here are my favs:
My (current) quintessential reading list:
- Boundaries. We all need them in our lives. Like physical property lines, learn where your property lines end and others begin and then put up the necessary fences to keep out predators and other stragglers that have been trespassing on your property for too long. Buy it here
- I’m Like SO Fat. Parents have a thrilling tightrope to walk when it comes to talking to their kids about eating and exercise. On one hand you don’t want to push them into an eating disorder, at the same time, you don’t want them to succumb to a supersize life of fast food and sedentariness. Dianne Neumark-Sztainer walks parents through a brilliant set of guidelines of how to raise healthy awareness in children growing up in a weight obsessed world. Buy it here
- What On Earth Am I Here For (aka Purpose Driven Life). After the Bible, this is the second biggest seller in the world and for great reason! Who doesn’t want to know their purpose in life? The short, pertinent chapters make it an easy daily read. This is the one book I keep going back to time and time again for wisdom, advice and guidance. Buy it here and while you are at it, order a second copy for someone you love, you’ll want to pass this one along!
- Life Without Ed. Jenni Schaefer divorces her eating disorder (ED) who has trapped her in a vicious abusive relationship for way too long. Jenni writes super short chapters – but they are long enough for anyone suffering with an eating disorder to read and ponder over. I recommend this book to eating disorder sufferers and anyone in their support circle. Buy it here.
- Bossy Pants. Tina Fey is sheer brilliance. I read this book every year and laugh just as hard each time I read it. Quotes such as, “Some people say, “Never let them see you cry.” I say, if you’re so mad you could just cry, then cry. It terrifies everyone.” keep me smiling for days. Buy it here.
Now start flipping those pages!